Sunday, November 2, 2014

Who Starts a Diet the Same Week as Halloween?

Crazy people. That's who starts a diet the same week as Halloween.

Alright, so in reference to my last post, I decided that eating right is going to be the hardest thing for me to accomplish, followed by portion control. Fortunately, I like exercising so that shouldn't be an issue. :)

To help with the nutrition aspect of a healthier lifestyle, I'm going to keep track of what I eat and how much for a few weeks... Hopefully long enough to give me an idea of where I need to improve. I can't promise I'll actually be very diligent about this, but I'm going to try regardless!

I'm also very aware that the past few days were relatively awful in terms of the quality of what  ate... That's part of why I'm forcing myself to write it down.

Halloween
-1 small bowl of Cracklin' Oat Brand cereal
-left over carne asada fries (three handfuls of fries, (I have tiny hands.) 1/4 cup of steak, salsa, 1/4 cup homemade guacamole)
-smokies wrapped in cresent rolls (like little mummies!) with nacho cheese dipping
-2 cresent rolls
-1 small bowl of kettle corn with reeses pieces and marshmallows
Exercise?
-Went trick or treating with small children on mainstreet whilst wearing high heels. I think this counts.
-I also went running, lifted weights, and did a short core work out

Is was Halloween. That is my excuse.

Saturday
-1 bowl of "OHs" cereal
-Kyle and I got Olive Gardens soup, salad, and breadsticks special to go for lunch. We shared the bowl of soup and I ate 2 breadsticks at lunch time.
-At dinner, we cooked one chicken breast, sliced it, and put it on the salad, and split it.
-1 pumpkin square with cream cheese frosting
-1 cup of hot spiced Glogg (if you haven't heard of it- google it. I buy the nonalcholic version. It's delicious)
Exercise?
-Went running!

Sunday
-Today was fast Sunday in my church, so I fasted through breakfast and lunch.
-4 cresent rolls. (WHY do these things taste like heaven?? This is why I never skip meals except for religious purposes haha.)
-mashed potatos w/hamburger and cheese sauce
-lots of water
-1 cup of Glogg
Exercise?
-I am choosing not to exercise on Sundays.

So, all in all, I do not recommend starting a diet the same week as Halloween. Thankfully tomorrow is a new week and I have the chance to do better! Although, if you leave cresent rolls out of the equation, I think I did pretty well on portion size this week. I didn't get seconds like a typically do, and Saturday was pretty good overall. I'm not about to get rid of desserts all together, I'll just eat less of them. :)

<3Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment