Thursday, July 31, 2014

Which Hogwarts House would Frank Sinatra be in?

For those of you who don't know, today is Harry Potter's birthday! And by that I mean Harry Potter the character- not Daniel Radcliff. I celebrated in all the appropriate ways...

Butterbeer at Starbucks with my friend Jen... (recipe here!)


...and wearing my Gryffindor hair bow from Magical Ribbons.

I have been officially sorted in Gryffindor via the Pottermore quiz. House pride!
Unfortunately I didn't get to bake a cake this year. Regardless, happy birthday, Harry!

Of course, Harry Potter isn't exactly a "retro" topic, which is kind of the theme of my blog. So, I'm letting my inner nerd girl seriously geek out by sorting my favorite Old Hollywood celebrities into Hogwarts houses! There is an entire Tumblr dedicated to this, but they don't seem to have any older celebrities, so I'm going to give it a go!

This is the quiz I'm using. I picked it because it's quick and easy, although the questions could probably use a little work... I'm not using the official Pottermore quiz because frankly, I wouldn't feel right creating so many fake accounts in order to do so. I'm answering the questions simply based on the information I know about celebrities, the characters they played, as well as googling some facts about them along the way. For each caption, I've included the first 3 answers I selected (click here to view the questions). Here it goes...

1. Vera Ellen - Hufflepuff

First 3 question answers: Gold, Cast a full body bind charm (see the fireplace scene in White Christmas), hard work (have you seen her dance?!)
2. Gene Kelly- Ravenclaw
Silver, devils snare, hard work (again, have you seen him dance??)
3. Judy Garland - Gryffindor
Silver, turn them into a toad (because she's hilarious and talented), bravery.
4. Lucille Ball - Gryffindor
Gold, throw a vile of shrinking potion on them (also because she is hilarious and talented), bravery.
5. James Stewart - Hufflepuff
Bronze, devils snare, intellect (based mostly on the characters he played).
6. Howard Keel- Slytherin
Bronze,cast a full-body bind charm, winning.
7. Vivian Leigh- Slytherin
She is so gorgeous.
Gold, devils snare, winning.
8. Rosemary Clooney - Hufflepuff
Silver, turn them into a toad, hard work (based off of a 'White Christmas' documentary and the fact that she had 5 children).
9. Danny Kaye - Gryffindor
Bronze, cast a full body bind charm, hard work.
10. Frank Sinatra - Slytherin

Black, full-body bind charm, winning
Frank baby, how could you do this to me?! I'm guessing this is because I selected that Frank would value winning at all costs... I take it back.

And that is how I celebrated Harry Potter's birthday. If you have any questions about any other answers, leave a comment! I could talk about this for hours.

Thank you for indulging my inner nerd girl.

Good night!

<3Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment