Saturday, July 26, 2014

A rad 1970s children's booster seat and other fantastic antique store finds of the day...

Why hello there ladies and gents, welcome to the first post on my blog!

It was way harder to figure out the handwriting + forward facing camera than I care to admit.
Yes, I am using the back of the sign. The front has handwriting from our wedding so I wasn't about to erase it! :)


My name is Nikki and I love all things vintage.

Today my husband and I had a few errands to run around town, but like many husbands, he wasn't really up for going to the antique stores that I wanted to venture through... So after dropping him off back at home, I headed to my two favorite stores in Logan:

Image from readthewac.com/utah-antiques-and-collectibles-stores/
Store website: countryvillagemal.net
and

Image from waymarking.com


I had one specific item in mind at About Time...

THESE BEAUTIES!


I managed to break our pepper shaker a few months ago, (I am basically the queen of breaking things. Daily tools and appliances need to be incredibly tough to survive in my house,) so we have been in need of a new set. I spotted this sweet little S&P set a few weeks ago when my mom was visiting, and I thought they were so cute I just had to go back and get them. Unfortunately it's not real jadeite, just a reproduction, but cute as heck nevertheless. 



At  Country Village, I came across this darling little recipe box and immediately a wave of nostalgia rushed over me. My mom had a few of them growing up, and I could just see my future self and my future kids rummaging through this one in the future. I held on to it for a little bit before deciding it just wasn't completely my taste (nor does it match my kitchen), but, I realized it would be cute in my mom's sewing room. I sent her a picture and needless to say, I will be mailing it to her on Monday!

Now, for the grand finale...

The most adorable children's booster seat I ever did see. It was marked at $16, which seemed like a good price to me, but I was already spending more than I had originally intended so I passed it by... I bargained with myself and told my brain that if I was still there next time I came in I would grab it. When I got to my car, I just knew I would regret it if someone else nabbed it (like those darn baby Mickey Mouse shoes I regrettably passed up last month,) so I went back in and scooped it up! It was even on sale and ended up being just $12! (Don't you love when that happens?) The colors are super bright, it's made from easy-to-clean vinyl, and it only has one small tear on the side. My experience in child care tells me that my husband and I are going to be using this a lot when we have kids someday. Kids just don't fit in adult size chairs, afterall.

That's all for now! I'll be sharing plenty more of my adventures on here from now on.

<3Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment